Room 17 - Mrs Hughes/Miss Pullan
Welcome to P4 Room 17
We hope you enjoy looking through all our pictures this year and that you enjoy seeing all the hard work taking place in Room 17.
Please enjoy all our pictures below this P4 information.
*updated 17th June 2019*
Term 3- May/June
It's the last term of P4 :( but there's plenty to look forward to with our Greenmount trip coming up and Sports Day. It's going to be a fun but busy term!
- Please remember to have everything with you that you'll need for the day, especially homework folders, glue sticks and your pencil case.
- Football will continue most Wednesdays this term, as well as PE on Thursdays, recorder on Tuesdays and school library on Tuesdays.
What Are We Learning This Term?
Our main areas this term are:
Handwriting- we will be joining up every piece of writing now, as well as continuing to learn new joins.
Punctuation and Grammar e.g- dictionary work, synonyms, antonyms, adding ing, conjunctions and time connectives
Reading- through reading group books, our class novel "Harry, the Poisonous Centipede" and ERIC times.
Comprehension skills- focusing on answering in a full, complete sentence
Our mains areas this term are:
- Dividing by 2, 5, 10
- Adding and subtracting HTU
- Rounding to the nearest 10/100
- Capacity- ml and l
- Weight- g and kg
World Around Us
Our topic this term is "Minibeasts."
We will learn about:
- What is a minibeast?
- What is an insect?
- Lifecycles of different minibeasts including ladybirds, spiders and butterflies.
- Habitats of minibeasts.
- How minibeasts can be helpful or unhelpful.
We will be watching our little caterpillars to see how they grow and become butterflies!
We are looking forward to another exciting term in Primary 4 and hope you enjoy visiting our page for further updates. Thank you for all your support.
Mrs Hughes and Miss Pullan