Forest school this Monday 12th March at Castle Grounds! Wrap up warm
Welcome to P6 Room21!!
WE ARE HAVING A GREAT YEAR
Dates for your diary!!
Tuesday 27th February
Monday 5th March
Monday 12th March (final session)
Remember to wear warm layers and bring a change of footwear!
Remember that our forest school sessions begin on Monday 29th January!!
You must wear - warm layers, a waterproof coat and a hi-vis vest.
I am soooooooooo proud of the 5 members of room 21 who took part in the final Flahavans cross country race yesterday. Josh and Carter ran brilliantly over a very churned up and muddy course, helping the boys team place first overall. Lois, Cadhla and Erin, small but mighty! They pushed themselves to the limit and encouraged each other to the finish line.
Both teams have now made it through to the Northern Ireland finals in February. Photographs to follow!
Today we enjoyed a visit to the Castle Gardens.
* We climbed the motte (wedding cake)
* We explored the perimeter of the original castle and existing remains.
* We identified the walled garden which housed the conservatory and greenhouses.
* Mrs McKee helped us identify features on a map.
* Mrs McPherson told us about the tragic castle fire.
* Mrs McCullough showed us the masonry work on display.
A super day!
We began by discussing how we could create
a happy, caring and creative classroom.......
We chose 3 rules to help guide us.
We had great fun splashing paint on a canvas!!!
Our teachers asked us to put the paint back
in the bottles....
We couldn't do it....they said this was like trying to
take back an unkind word after it has been spoken.
Click here for more information.