If you would like your child to attend our school, please see full details of our admission arrangements below.
The Governors have drawn up the Admissions Criteria and delegate to the Principal and his deputy the responsibility of applying the criteria. Antrim Primary School welcomes all children whose parents share the school's aspirations for high standards of conduct amongst its pupils.
Children must be of compulsory school age. An original birth certificate must be provided at the time of application.
In the event of Primary One being over-subscribed the following criteria will be applied to select pupils in the order listed:
1. Children who are resident in Northern Ireland at the time of their proposed admission.
2. Children with a brother/sister (half brother/half sister) currently enrolled at the school.
3. Children with a brother/sister (half brother/half sister) formerly enrolled at the school.
4. Children of permanent members of school staff, kitchen staff or Board of Governors.
5. Children of former pupils (minimum 5 school years attendance at Antrim PS). Parent(s) must provide details of years of attendance and full name, maiden name if appropriate, on application form. This will be verified from school records.
6. Children for whom Antrim Primary is the nearest controlled Primary School (excludes controlled integrated primary schools). This will be measured "as the crow flies" from the family home at the time of application to the front pedestrian gates of the school using Google Maps.
7 Children living closest to the school. This will be measured "as the crow flies" from the family home at the time of application to the front pedestrian gates of the school using Google Maps.
Parents are asked to ensure all relevant information is included on the official Open Enrolment Form.
The Board of Governors reserves the right to require such supplementary evidence as it may determine to support or verify information on any application form.
The provision of false or incorrect information or the failure to provide verifying documents according to the required deadline may result in either the withdrawal of a place or the inability of the school to offer a place.
Waiting List Policy
Applications to Primary One
Should a vacancy arise after Primary One placement letters have been issued, all applications to Primary One which were initially rejected, new applications, late applications and applications where new information has been provided will be treated equally and the published criteria applied. This waiting list will be in place until 30th June. Please contact the school if you do not wish your child's name to be added to this list. The school will contact you by phone and in writing if your child gains a place in the school by this method.
Applications for Primary Two to Primary Seven
The school will also operate a waiting list for vacancies arising in P2-P7, within the enrolment number of the school. The Board of Governors will apply its admissions criteria in order to decide which pupils to admit in relation to any vacancy which arises. This list will be in place from 1st August until 30th June. Pleaser contact the school if you wish your child's name to be added to this list. The school will contact you by phone and in writing if your child gains a place in the school by this method.
|Total Applications||Total Admissions|